Cookies are small, electronic data files which are sent by the website to your browser and are stored in your system’s hard drive, and are used to determine your preferences when connecting to the services of our websites, as well as tracking determined behaviors or activities carried out by yourself inside our websites.
In some sections of our website, we require the client to have the cookies enabled given that some of the featured require them to work, but under no circumstances collect personal information (identification, contact, work related, or in any other way).
The information obtained shall not be communicated to third parties, with the exception of cases where possible fraudulent activities are being investigated. If the user wants to disable the cookies, he/she must do it directly from the web browser.
Last updated: October 21, 2018.
When you visit my website, the web server automatically recognizes your IP address, but not your e-mail address, unless you volunteer your email address to me by filling out a web form. My website electronically collects the e-mail addresses of those who complete online web forms and of those who communicate with me via e-mail. If you provide any information on this website, you can be assured that it will only be used and protected in accordance with this policy.
When you decide to provide me with your email address by typing it on a web form, you may receive periodic emails from me with updates on new products, services, or upcoming events. If you decide not to receive any emails with the updates from me, please let me know by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email to delete your e-mail address from my database and newsletters.
This policy may be updated periodically; please revisit the policy from time to time to make sure that you are informed and in agreement with the changes. The policy is effective from the date it was written and/or updated.
The following types of information can be automatically collected:
- Information that you voluntarily submit to the website: The website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address when you voluntarily leave a comment, subscribe to a newsletter, submit a contact form, or create a user profile with a username and password. Your password will not be visible to the public or in the website records.
- Information we may collect from others: We may receive information about you from other sources, when you link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. In that case, the website will receive your name, email address, and profile picture associated with that account.
- Other automatically-collected Information: The website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website, such as your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, the dates/times when you accessed the Website, and the actions you took when using the Website (clicking on the links).
- Cookies: The website may log information by using both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
We may use the collected information in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters (with the information on how to opt-out of future mailings);
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with a user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against any unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third party use of personal information:
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications; we may do so only when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website; this list may change periodically in accordance with the website discretion (each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies):
- Google Analytics: this service tracks Website usage and collects the information about referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information.
- Mail Chimp: this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. The website stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering email communications. Please refer to MailChimp policy for further information.
Except when required by law, I will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, I may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, the website may use anonymous data for analytics, cookies, marketing, advertising, or other similar purposes, which will not identify your personal information even if or when combined with the data from other parties.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. To create a user profile, you must choose a username and password and input your email address for profile confirmation. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website. You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account. Users may see your username, avatar, profile description, and website information.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
- Affiliate Program Participation. The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link to an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- Being in Best Health is planning to become a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. Once a part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program will utilize cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
- Newsletters. On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This information will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact us and ask us to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to us via contact us button.
- Amend – You may contact us to amend, update, or erase your personal information.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How to Opt Out
The website is planning to use the third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
In order for Being In Best Health to support its blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, and links to any products or services from this blog. This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. The editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site may include the affiliate links from Amazon.com. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Being in Best Health may receive a small commission that would help to cover some of the costs for this site.
Last updated on October 21, 2018.