Cookies are small, electronic data files which are sent by the website to your browser and are stored in your system’s hard drive, and are used to determine your preferences when connecting to the services of our websites, as well as tracking determined behaviors or activities carried out by yourself inside our websites.
In some sections of our website, we require the client to have the cookies enabled given that some of the featured require them to work, but under no circumstances collect personal information (identification, contact, work related, or in any other way).
The information obtained shall not be communicated to third parties, with the exception of cases where possible fraudulent activities are being investigated. If the user wants to disable the cookies, he/she must do it directly from the web browser.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://beinginbesthealth.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The personal data that may get collected from site users and site visitors include personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences; transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies.
Personal data is not just created by a user’s interactions with the site. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
By default WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors; it only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users. However, some of the WordPress plugins may collect personal data.
When visitors leave comments on the site WordPress collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
Some information may be disclosed by users who can upload media files. All uploaded files are usually publicly accessible. If a visitor uploads images to the website, a visitor should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
By default, WordPress does not include a contact form. If a visitor uses a contact form plugin, the personal data is captured when a visitor submits a contact form. The captured personal data can be kept for a certain period of time for customer service purposes but not for marketing purposes.
If a visitor leaves a comment on the site, a visitor may opt-in to saving name, email address and website in cookies. These are for a visitor’s convenience so that a visitor does not have to fill in the same details again when leaving another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If a visitor goes to a login page, a temporary cookie will be set to determine if a visitor’s browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when a visitor closes the browser.
When a visitor logs in, several cookies will be set up to save a visitor login information and a visitor screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If a visitor selects “Remember Me”, a visitor login will persist for two weeks. If a visitor logs out of the account, the login cookies will be removed.
If a visitor edits or publishes an article, an additional cookie will be saved in a visitor’s browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article a visitor just edited. It expires after 1 day. Additional cookies can be used by plugins, social media, and analytics.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The Jetpack analytics package is used on this website. To find out how users can opt out of analytics tracking, they can visit JetPack website: https://jetpack.com/support/privacy/
By default WordPress does not collect any analytics data. However, many web hosting accounts collect some anonymous analytics data. Some websites may also have installed a WordPress plugin that provides analytics services.
Who we share your data with
By default WordPress does not share any personal data with anyone. All third party providers including partners, cloud-based services, payment processors, and third party service providers, may collect visitor’s data and should have their own privacy policies.
How long we retain your data
If a visitor leaves a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. That way WordPres can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on the website (if any), WordPress also stores the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. For example, the contact form entries can be stored for six months, analytics records – for a year, and customer purchase records – for ten years.
What rights you have over your data
If a visitor has an account on this site, or has left comments, a visitor can request to receive an exported file of the personal data WordPress holds about a visitor, including any data provided to us. A visitor can also request that WordPress erases any personal data WordPress holds about a visitor. This does not include any data the website owners are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
European data protection law requires data about European residents which is transferred outside the European Union to be safeguarded to the same standards as if the data was in Europe. Data is safeguarded to European data protection standards by the web hosting, cloud storage, or other third party services. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
A visitor can provide a contact method for privacy-specific concerns. If a visitor is required to have a Data Protection Officer, a visitor should have their name and full contact details.
How we protect your data
There are several measures that can protect users’ data. This could include technical measures such as encryption; security measures such as two-factor authentication; and measures such as staff training in data protection and a Privacy Impact Assessment.
What data breach procedures we have in place
The following measures can be used to deal with data breaches, either potential or real: internal reporting systems, contact mechanisms, or bug bounties.
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
If the web site provides a service which includes automated decision making – for example, allowing customers to apply for credit, or aggregating their data into an advertising profile – it should be disclosed to the visitors and include information about how that information is used, what decisions are made with that aggregated data, and what rights users have over decisions made without human intervention.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
The members of a regulated industry or the subjects to additional privacy laws have to disclose that information as well.
Last updated: October 21, 2018.
When you visit my website, the web server automatically recognizes your IP address, but not your e-mail address, unless you volunteer your email address to me by filling out a web form. My website electronically collects the e-mail addresses of those who complete online web forms and of those who communicate with me via e-mail. If you provide any information on this website, you can be assured that it will only be used and protected in accordance with this policy.
When you decide to provide me with your email address by typing it on a web form, you may receive periodic emails from me with updates on new products, services, or upcoming events. If you decide not to receive any emails with the updates from me, please let me know by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email to delete your e-mail address from my database and newsletters.
This policy may be updated periodically; please revisit the policy from time to time to make sure that you are informed and in agreement with the changes. The policy is effective from the date it was written and/or updated.
The following types of information can be automatically collected:
- Information that you voluntarily submit to the website: The website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address when you voluntarily leave a comment, subscribe to a newsletter, submit a contact form, or create a user profile with a username and password. Your password will not be visible to the public or in the website records.
- Information we may collect from others: We may receive information about you from other sources, when you link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. In that case, the website will receive your name, email address, and profile picture associated with that account.
- Other automatically-collected Information: The website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website, such as your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, the dates/times when you accessed the Website, and the actions you took when using the Website (clicking on the links).
- Cookies: The website may log information by using both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
We may use the collected information in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters (with the information on how to opt-out of future mailings);
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with a user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against any unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third party use of personal information:
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications; we may do so only when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website; this list may change periodically in accordance with the website discretion (each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies):
- Google Analytics: this service tracks Website usage and collects the information about referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information.
- Mail Chimp: this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. The website stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering email communications. Please refer to MailChimp policy for further information.
Except when required by law, I will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, I may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, the website may use anonymous data for analytics, cookies, marketing, advertising, or other similar purposes, which will not identify your personal information even if or when combined with the data from other parties.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. To create a user profile, you must choose a username and password and input your email address for profile confirmation. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website. You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account. Users may see your username, avatar, profile description, and website information.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
- Affiliate Program Participation. The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link to an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- Being in Best Health is planning to become a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. Once a part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program will utilize cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
- Newsletters. On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This information will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact us and ask us to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to us via contact us button.
- Amend – You may contact us to amend, update, or erase your personal information.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How to Opt Out
The website is planning to use the third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
In order for Being In Best Health to support its blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, and links to any products or services from this blog. This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. The editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site may include the affiliate links from Amazon.com. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Being in Best Health may receive a small commission that would help to cover some of the costs for this site.
Last updated on October 21, 2018.