I made chocolate covered walnuts this year as a homemade Christmas gift for the family and friends. It is very easy, takes about 20 minutes, and can be made a few weeks ahead of the occasion.
First, you need to get all the ingredients: walnuts, a dark chocolate bar, spices, coconut oil, coconut flakes.
Second, you need to get all the supplies: the glass jars (1/4 -1 cup), ribbons, the gift bags and tissue paper.
Third, set a time to get it done. Viola!
This gift is beautiful, delicious, and unique. The recipe will make 2 cups of chocolate walnuts. If you plan to use 1/2-cup jars, then you will make 4 gifts. If you use 1/4-cup jars, you will get 8 gifts. Enjoy and let us know how it worked out for you!
We wish a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 dark chocolate bar (or the equivalent amount of raw homemade chocolate pieces)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 Tbs shredded coconut
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
Yield: 2 cups or 16 servings
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate bar, add coconut oil, and pumpkin spice and stir gently until well incorporated and liquid. Remove from heat.
- Add walnuts to the chocolate liquid and mix well until fully covered.
- Spread walnuts on a sheet covered with a parchment paper, sprinkle with shredded coconut and put in a freezer for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruits or berries. 1 serving is 1/8 cup.
- Keep frozen for up to 2 months or refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Soak and dehydrate the walnuts for optimal digestibility
- Instead of walnuts, use almonds, pistachios or other nuts
Optional: you can make your own chocolate from raw cacao powder, dates, maple syrup, and coconut oil
Enjoy this beautiful and delicious dessert!