I feel inspired to share with you an easy quinoa salad that I have been recently making. It tastes delicious and satisfying and takes under 30 minutes to make.
Quinoa is a gluten-free seed, and, according to Filho et al. (2017), it has all essential amino acids. The vegetables and spices provide minerals, vitamins, anti-oxidants, and fiber.
You will need the following equipment:
A mixing bowl, a spoon, a knife, and a cutting board.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa (I used multi-colored quinoa)
- 1/3 cup raw shredded or julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup raw shredded or julienned cucumbers
- 1/3 cup cut broccoli florets (raw or steamed)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbs raw apple cider vinegar, diluted with 2 Tbs filtered water
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Yield: 2 cups, Serving size: 1 cup
To assemble the salad, mix all the ingredients together.
As an option, you can add other sources of protein such as tempeh, nuts, or seeds. This salad may also work as a pleasant side dish that can complement many different dishes.
- Add different fresh or dried herbs (mint, rosemary, dill, cilantro)
- Add different seeds (flax, sesame, sunflower)
Here is a quick video on how to assemble it:
Thank you for visiting and happy eating!
Let us know if you have any questions!